Trip to Missouri
Greetings to all. Well it has been several weeks since I returned from my trip to Kansas City, MO, where I got to spend lots of time with my family, visited some "old" teachers, and saw several friends (though not enough of them, as is always the case). This is my favorite picture of my brother Jacob, me & my girl Becky. We called it our model pose, though I think the two of them have a much better chance than I do. :)
My parents and I spent an afternoon with my Grandma and Papa, who are doing well considering their getting older and Papa refusing to leave the farm. I sat in a chair by my grandfather and he kept nudging me with his foot when he had something else to have me read (excerpts from newspapers, church bulletins, etc), or to look at (he has many pictures beside his chair) or something to tell me - though there is a slim chance that he will hear any of my responses because he doesn't want to wear the hearing aids. A new addition to the farm is the puppy my grandma is calling Frisky. She fits right in because she can not hear either.
There were many special times during this trip home, and I am happy to say that I went through most of it sans cane. This represents a new chapter - that I am working through the mental era of needing the cane (my therapists said I was strong enough in March). This recovery has been a long road, but I have not ever stopped, I just continue to go at my own pace. The last picture is the smaller one of the TWO wood piles that my dad has been working on this winter, spring & summer.